VIP Visitors



I am the gentleman to the left. In the center is my aunt Selene and right is my cousin Dani. We all were born in the Northeast of Brazil, more specifically in Maceió or Coruripe, in the state of Alagoas. Selene and Dani came to Foz do Iguaçu as tourists and surprised me with their visit. I am posting this photo because it gives my readers the opportunity to understand the racial complexity in my family. The family is of Portuguese, African, and Xukuru Indian descent. At least 400 years of an experience that puts together colonizers and colonized. I myself who married twice also have children of both Japanese and German descent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candomblé and Umbanda Festivities and holidays

Umbanda and Candomblé Temples (Houses) in Foz do Iguaçu: address list

Poor Niagara! Has Eleanor Roosevelt ever been to Iguassu Falls?