Which of the Gorgeous World-famous waterfalls you think is the most beautiful? May be there is nothing like that. Check facts in the video below

The world's largest waterfalls compared 

I once had the privilege of spending half an hour talking to Sir Anthony Hopkins just past the end of the trail on the Brazilian side of Iguassu Falls. Sir Anthony Hopkins was waiting for his friend and former US president Bill Clinton. As a local journalist I had been trying to ask the president a question or two as he walked down the trail. His security men were able to detect me and were far more than able to kick me out of the trail. As soon as I saw myself out on the asfalt road I ran as fast as I could to the area where the president and entourage were about to board their cars back to the airport. 

That's how I found this marvelous person, Sir Hopkins waiting for Mr. Clinton. I greeted him and identified myself as a journalist. He then said: "you are trying to talk to Mr. Clinton. Stay here with me. He'll will have to stop by". That's how I used this precious time to talk to Sir Anthony Hopkins about films, Hollywood, the Iguassu Falls he had just seen and he volunteered to tell me that he was expected in a film festival in Toronto, Canada in a few days. He also said that this visit to Iguassu had made him want to go and see Niagara. "Iguassu is the first of the big waterfalls that I see".

He had been bitten by the waterfall bug. Finally, Mr Clinton came down from the elevator and as he passed by the place where Sir Anthony Hopkins was, he stopped. He had a big smile on his face. The Holywood actor just introduced me as a new Iguassu Falls friend who happened to be a journalist. What could I ask? I had no question. I just asked how he was feeling and if he could tell me something about the difference between Iguassu and her sister Niagara. "Incomparable", was the presidential word that I got as an answer. Then the security man that had kicked me out of the trail just looked frowningly at me but had to keep me in the circle of the protected ones. Today, just two days after turning 65, I publish my first slide show-video and the topic could not been anything but the world's largest waterfalls. It is the video above.        

Music: Zili by Haitian band Boukman Eksperyans

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candomblé and Umbanda Festivities and holidays

Umbanda and Candomblé Temples (Houses) in Foz do Iguaçu: address list

Poor Niagara! Has Eleanor Roosevelt ever been to Iguassu Falls?