Amy Winehouse Falls at Iguazu Falls in Argentina seen from Brazil: a Tribute

Amy Winehouse 
(If you own this photo, please let me know if I can keep it here, authorize or suggest a another)
In 2018 I was doing research work in order to write a book about the Iguassu / Iguazu Falls in of all its seven dimensions. It was almost evening, one day, nearly twilight, and it was already dark. I looked across the Falls over the canyon and as always before me there was that huge mass of "Many Waters".

But at that moment, a solitary cascade captured the whole attention of my field of vision. I could just see it. I looked at it (the cascade), smiled back and said: Hi, Amy Winehouse. Then I spent time staring at the thin, long cascade  so that its image glued on to my retina and to make sure that I would never be confused about its location among the hundreds even during flooding times.
This was a personal cascade for me that I shared at that moment with Amy. I saw an English tourist girl lost in contemplation, staring at the great number of falls. I approached her carefully. Can I share something with you? Something I have just done and about what  I am feeling? She answered affirmatively and I told her that I was a writer and that in my internal organization process I had just named that cascade  Amy Winehouse. Her eyes filled with tears. Mine too. What moment!
Below are three photos of "my" Amy Winehouse Falls with description about them:
Amy Winehouse Falls, almost at the end of day, seen from the Brazilian Trail, minutes after it caught my sight and intuitively being named: Salto Amy Winehouse  Falls



About the Cascade (Falls)  
Amy Winehouse Falls (2)   The Salto Amy Winehouse seen from the first of the two look-out points on the Floriano Peixoto foot bridge

Salto Amy Winehouse (3) / Amy Winehouse Falls seen from the base of the elevator on the Brazilian side
As you can see, the Amy Winehouse Falls  can be considered small by the Iguazu Falls standard which with its 185, 285 different cascades or single falls of all sizes. There are no official numbers because they vary according to  water level. 

Vertically the Amy Winehouse Falls drops  in three phases or steps: from step one, which is the level of the Upper Iguazu to the intermediate level or step two, and from there to the river canyon, which is step three. But at its base, there is a small little steps that forma a kind of fourth step before  plunging into the river.
Click on the image to enlarge and be able to count how many tinie little pieces of river are necessary to form the Iguazu Falls' Throat (Gorge) Courtesy Cataratas Iguazú Argentina
In my view, a huge and gigantic Cascade like the Falls' Throat (another name thai I use in effort to abstaining to use Devil's Throat),  is formed by a very large amount of smaller cascades.

In order to see and identify  the many little cascades that make up the Falls's Throat you need to adjust your eyes and focus on the  individual threads of "streams" or that form the huge Cataract. Each such little "falls"  I see as a "piece of river." The Amy Winehouse Falls is a small piece of  the Iguaçu River.

The Amy Winehouse waterfall is apparently isolated, as seen in the photo, during normal flow rates around  1300 or 1400 cubic meters of water per second. When the flow increases, the Amy Winehouse Falls grows to both sides and integrates laterally with its neighbors, to use human terms.

When the flow rises to 4,000 or 5.000 cubic meters / second  Amy Winehouse grows  and expands sideways to join other cataracts helping the water level soar to 10,000, or 40,000 cubic meters as it occasionally happens. On such occasions the Amy Winehouse Falls disappears, leaving behind isolation, individuality and merges into all the majesty of the Iguazu Falls, n the same way that  Amy Winehouse, the citizen, the person, the singer has become part of the Great Sea of ​​Conscious and Luminous Energy which, in turn, is part of the Universe.


Most of Iguassu Falls’ water drops in three steps from the Upper Level (1st) to an Intermediate level (2nd) to River Level (3rd) . In the case of Amy Winehouse Falls there is an extra small step before river level. Amy drops in four steps.

Note
The Amy Winehouse Falls is located on the Argentinean side of Iguassu Falls but it is seen only from the Brazilian side.The act of naming here is not official and is not meant to have any political, diplomatic or commercial implication. It is solely heart-based as inspired by the Sacred Creative Mists of the likewise Sacred Iguassu Falls.     

Two more Photos to help you get acquainted: 

One picture, better than words

The Amy Winehouse, plunging into the Iguassu / Iguazú River. Please note the small charming little last drop before joining the river  



Português
Castellano

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candomblé and Umbanda Festivities and holidays

Umbanda and Candomblé Temples (Houses) in Foz do Iguaçu: address list

Poor Niagara! Has Eleanor Roosevelt ever been to Iguassu Falls?